Parent Volunteer Service Hours
A huge part of St. Lawrence Martyr School's success in providing excellence in faith formation and academics is due to parent involvement in school activities. Parents contribute to staffing volunteer positions in our school programs such as the following:
- Academic Decathlon Coaches
- Art Docents
- Athletic Team Coaches
- Consultative Board Members
- Fundraiser Coordinators
- Lunch Program Supervisors
- Library Docents
- Mock Trial Coaches
- Parent-Teacher Organization Committee Members
- Room Parents
The Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) Mission
The Parent-Teacher Organization provides support to the pastor and principal in their endeavors to deliver a quality education in the areas of Faith Formation, Academic Excellence and Stewardship. Under the direction of the pastor and principal the PTO will provide the following support:
- PTO members will lead the community in creating open and transparent communication that fosters participation and engagement without judgement.
- PTO members will work in synergy with the school administration toward building a culture and environment that permeates gospel values and in turn creates an in-demand entity for those in our community seeking a faith-based education for their children.
- PTO members will champion all fundraising projects, which includes creating and over-seeing fundraising opportunities as well as promoting and encouraging community participation
- PTO members provide parental support and community building through providing parent educational events and service and volunteer programs for both parents and students.
Community Service Coordinator
Extended Care Program
The Extended Care Program is provided for the children in St. Lawrence Martyr School (grades DK – 8) whose parents desire a safe and caring place for their children to go before and after school. This program offers time for supervised homework, supervised play, and other activities as determined by the Director. The Extended Care staff is CPR certified, Virtus trained, minimum college-aged, experienced working with children, and experience in the educational field or planning careers working with children.
Hours of Operation
The Extended Care program will operate on all school days including early dismissal days, unless otherwise noted on the school calendar.
Early Drop-Off on Monday thru Friday
Afterschool Care for DK students
Afterschool Care on Monday thru Thursday
Afterschool Care on First Fridays
Afterschool Care on Regular Schedule Fridays
6:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
1:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
12:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
1:20 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.